How to Download Songs on Spotify
Spotify is a platform that needs no introduction. It has been here for a long time, and today it is present in almost every country. With a minimal subscription, people can listen to their favorite songs and podcasts in high quality audio wherever they want, whenever they want. Furthermore, the ability to download songs has proven to boost its popularity further. Indeed, choosing Spotify to soothe your inner music soul may be your best decision.
You might be going on a week-long trip to the mountains, or you are just traveling a lot and might not have access to data all the time. After all, Spotify is an online service. However, there is a way where you do not need to have data all the time to play your favorite hit songs. All you need to do is know how to be able to download songs on Spotify, and then you can listen to the best songs wherever you want without the need to connect to the internet.
Spotify – Listen Music Offline
Music is known as nature’s painkiller. Everyone listens to music in all kinds of situations. You might be sad because of a breakup or happy because your best friend is getting married. Whatever it might be, there is music for all kinds of situations. And Spotify has brought all of this experience for us in one place. It allows people to download music, so one has access to it without the internet. A few things to know before you can download music on Spotify are mentioned here.
- If you are using the Free Version of Spotify, you can only download podcasts, not music.
- In the free version, you are also likely to get ads in between songs
- To be able to download music, you need to have access to a Premium Account. A premium account is one which requires you to pay some subscription fee monthly.
- There is a student package too. You can have a look at the subscription plans from their website.
- It’s not that one can download unlimited songs on the premium version of Spotify. But the limit is so huge that it feels unlimited. You are allowed to download up to Ten Thousand Songs on five different devices.
- If you want to download on another device using the same account, you need to remove the downloads from one of your devices.
- You need to come online at least once in 30 days to keep all of your downloaded songs. Otherwise, the songs will be deleted automatically. This is because Spotify has to fetch play data from your account so that artists can be compensated.
- You need at least 1 GB of free space in your phone for downloads to happen correctly.
The Procedure – Downloading
You now have to know how to be able to download songs and podcasts on your devices. Note that the methods for desktop/computer and mobile devices differ a little bit and will thus be mentioned separately here. Keep reading to understand better.
Downloading on Mobile Devices
The age of mp3 players and even iPods has vanished. Now, almost all of the functions of different devices are in the palm of our hands in the form of a mobile phone, whether an iPhone or Android phone. The procedure is the same for both devices. Follow the steps given below.
- Download the Spotify app from Play Store or App Store if you have not already.
- Install and sign in to your premium account.
- One thing that needs to be noted here is that you cannot download each individual song. However, you can put them in a playlist and download that playlist.
- Ok, now head over to the section named ‘Your Library’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Here you can choose from Playlists, Artists, or Albums in the music section you want to download. If you want to download it, head to the podcast section.
- Open the desired playlist and tap on the button for the download. This will begin the downloading. Once the downloading has been completed, you will be able to see a green downward-facing arrow with each of the songs in the playlist, indicating that the songs have been downloaded successfully.
- Note that the songs are set to download only on Wi-Fi by default. If you want to download songs on your mobile data, go to the home and tap on the cog icon to set in the top right corner.
- Now, look for the option of data saver. Again, our desired setting will be found here.
- Now scroll down until you get to the section of download. Before that, you will see options for audio and video quality.
- Now tap on this toggle of download using cellular to allow downloading songs over mobile data.
- Open your Library to see your downloads. This can be found by tapping the icon in the bottom right corner of the app’s home screen.
Downloading On Computers
If you are one of those people who like to listen to songs while working or doing other stuff on your laptops or computers, then you must have installed Spotify app on your computer too. The process here is quite simple too. Read the instructions given below.
- Open the Spotify app on your computer.
- Now head over to the playlists section and open your wanted playlist.
- Tap on the download button to begin.
- A green arrow-like shown before shall appear beside the titles of the songs, indicating that the downloading has been completed successfully.
- To find your downloads, head over to your Library (you can see it in the navigation bar on the left side of your screen).
What to do if you are unable to download on Spotify?
If you cannot download songs on Spotify, you need to check the following things to locate where the problem lies.
- Make sure you are using a premium account and have paid your fees. If there is any pending payment, you might face some problems.
- Ensure that your device is not in sleep mode.
- Make sure that the internet connection is working perfectly.
- If your phone’s memory is full, you might face problems. Spotify recommends having at least 1 GB of free memory for seamless downloads.
- If any battery-saving apps are working, they can be the cause of this problem.
- Make sure that you have not trespassed to the 5 devices limit for downloading.
Your problem is likely caused due to one of the above-listed reasons. If you still face the same problem, you can delete and reinstall the Spotify application. However, if you do that, the songs and podcasts you have already downloaded will also be deleted. So you would have to do everything from scratch again.
What is Offline Mode?
The offline mode of Spotify is where the Spotify app stops using data. The app goes offline, and you will only be able to play the stuff you had already downloaded. This way, you will only play your favorite downloaded tracks and nothing else.
Let’s see how to turn on the offline mode. First, we will look at the mobile procedure and desktop.
For Mobiles / Tablets
- Open the Spotify app.
- Now tap on the home button present at the bottom menu.
- You can see a gear icon on the top right of the screen. Tap on it.
- Look for the tab of Playback in the available options. Tap on it.
- Look for the toggle of Offline and tap on it to turn it on.
For Desktop version
- Open the Spotify app on your computer and look for the three dots on the left top corner of the screen.
- Click on the option that says File.
- In the new menu that pops up, click on the button that says Offline mode to turn on Offline mode on Spotify in your desktop app.
- Anything that has not been downloaded will be grayed out, meaning that it is unavailable in the offline mode.
Spotify is one of the best applications available to listen to all our favorite tracks and podcasts. It’s not limited to the English language, and people worldwide can find artists famous in their countries on this app. You can download albums, playlists, and podcasts with up to 10,000 songs, each with a Spotify Premium account, and listen to them on up to five separate devices. The Free edition of Spotify only allows you to listen to podcasts. If you only like listening to your downloaded tracks, you can switch to the offline mode, which will save your data too. Now you can enjoy even where there are no internet signals. Find more tech how-to guides on our homepage.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! water ringtone
This was a very informative post!
This was a very informative post
Hurrah, that’s what I was seeking, what stuff!
Present here at this website, thanks, admin of this
สมัครสมาชิกร่วมสนุกเกมออนไลน์pg slot เครดิตฟรีแจกตลอดการเข้าเล่น สัมผัสเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์อีกหนึ่งรูปแบบก่อนลงเดิมพันจริง ทดลองเล่นเกมได้แบบไร้ขีดจำกัดได้ที่เว็บไซต์ pgslot.bar เปิดบริการตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง.